Gary M. Jewell
Gary Jewell’s practice focuses primarily in commercial litigation with an emphasis on contract and partnership disputes. Over the years, he also gained considerable experience handling a variety of other litigation assignments, involving – among others - stock fraud, intellectual property, personal injury, real estate, family, and employment matters. Gary is also a certified mediator.
Gary received his Bachelor of Science degree from Texas A&M University at College Station, Texas, in 1981 and his Doctor of Jurisprudence from St. Mary’s University School of Law at San Antonio, Texas, in 1990. Following law school, Gary served as the Briefing Attorney for Justice Michol O'Connor of the First District Court of Appeals, Houston, Texas.
Following his experience with the First District Court, Gary entered private practice with an insurance defense firm. Ultimately, Gary found his way into a partnership with his friends at Christian, Smith & Jewell in 1998.
In addition to the Texas State Bar, Gary is also admitted to practice before every United States District Court in Texas and the United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit. In 2004, Gary was admitted to the New York Bar and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology), Texas A&M University at College Station, Texas, 1981
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, St. Mary’s University School of Law at San Antonio, Texas, 1990
- State Bar of Texas (1991)
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas (1992)
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit (1993)
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas (1993)
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas (1994)
- State Bar of New York (2004)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas (2007)
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Houston Bar Association
Family & Personal Interests
Gary settled in Kingwood, Texas after bouncing around the globe as a “military brat.” He is married (to a “tea sip”) and has a daughter and a son – both of whom are “Aggies.”
Like most, being an attorney is simply Gary’s “day job.” Gary’s true passion is outdoor adventure, especially when it means being deep underwater. Gary is an Advanced Open Water Instructor and teaches SCUBA diving in Kingwood/Humble, Texas area. In addition to regularly leading groups of divers on trips to Caribbean, he has been diving in a variety of locations around the globe and is an avid spear-fisherman in the Gulf of Mexico. When Gary is not diving, he also enjoys bird hunting, salt-water fishing – and much to the chagrin of his spouse – computer gaming.